Pages

Wednesday 19 February 2014

SINGLE GAMES


O boy! See this chic. The girl set like settee. See shape now. This girl na quadrilateral I swear he be like make i just dey calculate angles wey dey her body.”

“By the time I whine am for him. hin papa go die today. Na military approach I go use Both frontal and rear assault. No one can behold it without being an emotional casualty forget ooooo.

   
 Lot of thoughts flashed through his mind as he connects his phone to the electric outlet. Steve has just concluded an online chat with Clara and both of them have agreed to meet later that evening. He hurriedly dashed into his wardrobe, picked one of his heavily starched shirt and pressed it so hard till the shirt begins to rumble like a carton. Then he reached for his mouth wash. He can’t afford to let his mouth odour stand in the way that night. So he soaked his mouth with the wash right from afternoon. He knew how stubborn and recalcitrant his mouth odour is, hence the lethal approach he employed. Having done this he headed for the bathroom and gave himself a very good scrub. He scrubbed himself so hard that he was almost bleeding. What else do you expect when someone use scrubbing brush to scrub his skin while bathing.
After leaving the bathroom, he picked up his phone and sent a text to his friend. The message reads ‘’Olu , I will be needing your car in the next one hour. I just caught a fish that must not escape. Am counting on you padi. I should have called but i dey soak my mouth presently. Thanks in advance’’.

The sound of her name brought her back to reality. She has been lost in thought over her date with Steve later that night and how she intend to maximise it.
“Clara, You have been in front of that mirror for over two hours. Tell me Babe what is going down?” Ada inquired. “Nothing much ooo, I met this guy online today and we are going on a date tonight” Clara replied.  Ada was very excited on hearing this. She walked towards the mirror and helped her friend with the makeup and other necessary transformations. Both of them knew she has to look like the heavily photoshoped picture she used online. It was a really tedious task trying to transform her.  “I think you need to apply that blush over there, can you fix that it’s too thick, let it come down a bit can you mascara my nose for me cos there was a shadow in the online pix. And pls get me some candy my tongue needs to be pink. This white patches on my tongue na bad market. Who say make this  pimples come out today can you make it look like dimples  and that stretch mark please add some pancake so it will blend. I think my hair is too hard let’s add more oils to make it curly. I think my nails are rusty can you fix that and that heat rash on my neck. Help sandpaper i"t. By the time they completed all the manipulations Clara was surprised at the stranger in her own mirror. She couldn’t help but laugh at the depth of their deceit. She turned to her friend and hailed her “Indeed you are a genius”

Their date is slated for 7pm. The plan is for Steve to pick her up at a rendezvous after which they will go straight to the eatery Clara picked. Trust ladies, she picked a really expensive outlet for the occasion. An eatery where you pay even for using toothpicks. Everything went on as planned. By 7; 16 pm Clara showed up at the rendezvous and they drove straight to Pocket confidence cuisines. It was a good date overall. Their discussion span through several areas. Clara really enjoyed the date. In her mind she has already fallen for Steve’s sense of humour and confidence. On the other hand, Steve too is fascinated with her gorgeous appearance. They finished their meal and Steve walked her to the car.  Before he ignited the engine, he bent over in an attempt to initiate a kiss. Clara got the signal and smiled invitingly. It was a time for him to feast on her vanilla flavoured lip stick. “We had better go. Its getting late” Clara said as she broke the kiss. Steve retreated with a smile. “Well the night is still young. I planned a two phase date. We just ended the first phase. The second phase will be at my apartment.” Clara tried to put up some weak resistance before she succumbed to his demand. Steve was very happy in his mind he has conquered, He fired the engine and backed out into the streets and headed towards his apartment. The cloud is gathering and it is obvious that it is going to rain. Steve switched to gear five in an effort to get to his house before the rain started. “hope my driving is not scary?” He asked as she turned to her.  She replied with a grin “well, I am trying to cope”. Suddenly the car begins to jerk. Steve was shocked. It was a really wrong time for the car to break down because the rain has already started amidst heavy wind.  “It can’t be fuel I just filled the tank” He tried to calm Clara “It’s okay Baby let me just look at the battery terminals” he got down inside the rain tried to do some manoeuvre  with the battery and the kick starters and tried to start the engine again The engine still refuse to come up. By then his clothe has been heavily drenched. The starched shirt has deflated in ego and its already sticking to his body firmly. Obviously He is disturbed. The car is messing up his plans. Clara was trying to hide her impatience so she was putting up some false sympathy for the situation at hand. The rain made it difficult to see anyone to render help.  His best option is to push the car and jump start it. The problem is there is no way he could push the car alone not to now talk of pushing a fully grown adult with it. Clara had to come down. “Baby I am going to inconvenient you a bit please can you come down for some minutes while I push this car to start ?” She has no choice but to get down in the rain amidst the heavy wind. She couldn’t do anything to help she was trying her best not to be irresponsible or a gold digger otherwise she would have flagged down one of the approaching vehicles and leave the scene. With a super effort Steve pushed the car down the road jumped into it, manipulated the clutch and the engine came back to life. He heaved a sigh of relief as he revved the engine. He reversed to pick the heavily soaked Clara so they can continue their journey. Steve kept on apologising for the hitch. Clara too was uncomfortable with her current state. The rain had washed off all the foundations. The wrinkles are coming back to view The wind has destroyed the outline of her hair thereby making her oblong forehead to be visible. The rain has exposed her. Steve hasn’t discover yet He was focusing on the road so they could get home safely. In minutes Steve pulled up at his apartment ‘Thank God’ He exclaimed as he turned to Clara. He switched the inner light on to behold the face of his angel. He was surprised at the stranger he saw. Could he have picked the wrong person? Nevertheless he hid his disappointment and said “Baby are you alright?” Not until then he didn’t realise he is also done for. The effect of the mouth wash has waned. His toxic mouth odour is back.  Both of them are gradually seeing each other in the real sense. A look of exhaustion is seen on Clara’s face. She has encountered enough for a night ‘You know what Steve can you drop me off in my place then we fix another date. Am already tired” She said. ‘I understand you” Steve replied trying not to open his mouth too wide so as not too aggravate the current situation. He attempted to turn on the ignition but the engine refuse to splutter. They finally agreed to get a bike to convey Clara home. They both walked to the main road and waved a bike man. Steve paid the man and they bade each other goodbye. Steve entered his apartment heavily disappointed. Surprisingly despite the way events turns out he still feels something strong for Clara.  He picked up his phone and sent a message...

Baby I still love you for who you are. Hope you will take me as I am too. Pardon my deception. You could have backed out when i exposed you to the rain yet you still tarried. More than the blush or mascara. My love is greater than all of those please can we go on a better date tomorrow”

She replied him after one hour.....

“Steve I love you too. I appreciate you a lot. I know your deceptions were targeted at making me comfortable. Pardon my deceptions too. I appreciate you a lot. My love is greater than your breath. I will be waiting at our rendezvous tomorrow. Let’s go for a real date this time. Good night dear.”

THE END


I am @asiricomedy on twitter


DOWNLOAD COMIC RADIO HERE http://www.kiwi6.com/file/x25wwykigg

No comments:

Post a Comment