Pages

Monday 25 August 2014

THE REPORT


The birds were chirping. The sun came up earlier. Yet another day. I
woke up trembling. I have always been stubborn and naughty as a young
child. I had just played another prank the day before which my younger
sister had sworn heaven and earth to tell my mum when she comes back.
That might be the reason why I am trembling because I knew all hell
will be let loose when my mum arrives. But there is something unusual
about this trembling it couldn't have been the lashes I would receive
that is scaring me. Trust me I am experienced when it comes to
receiving lashes.
My nerves are betraying me already. Trepidation took over me like someone
enroute the gallows. I started doing some house chores. At least if my
Mother sees the house in a clean state, the dishes sparkling and 
other chores I wouldn't have done normally, she
might waved my punishment. 
My younger sister still resolute in her
plan to rat me out and get me into trouble. Its futile begging her.  I
was even praying she reports to my Dad instead because my Dad just got
back. But her callousness won't allow her to tell my Dad because she
knows offences like playing around,breaking things, dismantling
gadgets, and other similar categories are always trivial before my
Dad. The only thing my Dad flogs for is lies and not owing up to your
fault. Obviously he is not the best person to report to,if She really
wants me to be punished. "Come and open the gate for me I want to go
and pick your mum" Ghen!! Ghen!! Ghen!! My heart skipped. That was my
dad telling me to open the gate.  It was a period of mixed feelings.
The thought of seeing her made me very happy but the thought of my
offence diluted it. Strangely, The thought of seeing my mum triumph
over any offence I might have commited. 
Suddenly my fear was replaced
with eagerness and enthusiasm to see my sweetest Mum and rush into
her. Placed my head on her chest like I always do and welcome her. At
this moment my offence is trivial am just happy that my Dad is going to
get my Mum. Even my Dad drove the car out with great enthusiasm. You
need to see the glow in his eyes. He is going to get his better half.
Someone who has been a part of his life for more than two decades.
Their Love is one of the most enviable phenomenon ever.
-----------------------------------------------------

I put finishing touches to my chores and I anticipated their arrival.
Deliberately I didn't involve my sister in the chores because I want
to score all the points to myself.Three hours has passed,yet they
are not back. I was beginning to get restless.  Suddenly there was a
knock on the door I was expecting a car hoot not a knock. I opened the
gate and was surprised to see my Dad. "Where is the car? What of my
mum?" I fired at him. "The car is fine, I parked it over there" He
replied. "What of Mummy?" I queried. She is okay too. I..."Where is
She?" I cut in....

My Dad's eye said it all. His feelings betrayed him. His eyes gave
way. His breathing heightens. I need no further prompting. Something
terrible has happened. My Dad has never been in such dejected and
vulnerable state. I didn't know where the word came from but it echoed
in my ears "She is no more"
No wonder he didn't return with the car he is not in the psychological
state of mind to drive. He abandoned the car somewhere on the road and
made his way home.  I felt weakness from within. I was lost.
Weeping is a healthy response to shock. Denial is the first and most
devastating stage of shock. I was in Denial state "No It can't be, pls
come home and punish me now Mummy because I was very stubborn and
naughty  in your absence. My sister want to report me and you need to
hear
" Those were the statements I was repeating for several hours.

*Sigh*

She never came back. Who will my sister report to? I wanted my
punishment badly in a twist of fate .

She never came back. My hopes were dashed. I thought the world has
ended. Some said it to my ear "You are Done" I suddenly realised my
life is all about her. It looked like I am finished.

But truly if I am Finished, I won't be writing this piece. JESUS came
and fill the void. Yes the Memoirs still Lingers. She can't be
forgotten. But looking back its been seven years."I am not FINISHED"
"I am SOMETHING" Yes. I am DONE But am only DONE with devilish
oppressions and principalities because JESUS created a Standard that
distinguished me.

Are you Oppressed?Depressed? Broken or fed up. Come to JESUS now. I
come to you as a Witness. Is the Devil REPORTING and TORMENTING YOU?
JESUS is the answer. I have tasted JESUS and Joy radiates from within
me. No Burden, No worries. Just Joy unspeakable.

Pray Like this,

Lord Jesus I submit totally to you. And I invite you totally into my
life. Govern me Lord. Fix me andSave me.  My soul thirsts for you. I
believe you are the Lord JESUS my saviour. I open up my heart to you
Father. Save me.

As simple as it is you are now a new creature. Attend any Bible
believing church near you and enjoy the Love of God.  If you pray the
prayer above. please mail me at Damilareosundare@gmail.com. I really
want to hear from you and also play a part in this new path you have
chosen.
If you are saved already. Bless a soul by broadcasting this till we populate God's kingdom further through his grace.

Jesus Loves You.

No comments:

Post a Comment