Pages

Saturday 23 January 2016

Whooping ass



      Her elegance is unique. She has a characteristic long hair unusual for a secondary school teen. Her pointed nose is a conspicuous part of her. The nose is so pointed that a guy once mistook it for a compass during a technical drawing class. She was favourite for most activities in school. Even the male teachers struggle to hide their special preference for this quintessence of beauty. Martha is a girl everyone will want to talk to. I have nurtured a secret attraction for her but somehow I have never gotten the opportunity to give expression to my attraction. I have been looking for a loop hole to get close to her. My chance finally came when I realised her deficiency in Mathematics. It was a perfect opportunity. I began helping with her classworks,exercises and assignment. Just like magic, her scores improved tremendously. When she realised the beneficial effect of our association, she approached our class teacher for a change of seat with the excuse that her seat is directly facing the sun ray. Martha is not the type of girl Mr Anifowose,our class teacher will turn down as she was his favourite student. I was very happy when she started seating beside me.I am now a step closer to getting the Love of my life. I starved myself to make her happy. Buying fishroll and yoghurt for her became a daily routine, trekking home was a new hobby. I was very generous with both my daily feeding allowance and my transport fare.
My dilemma started after I watched a movie that starred Genevieve nnaji and Ramsey Nouah. I was thrilled by the way Ramsey professed her love to Genevieve which led to series of romantic episodes . Using the movie as a case study I drafted a love letter for her.

Dear Martha,

My love for you is like trigonometry God is our hypotenus you are the opposite and I am the adjacent. Allow me to simplify my love for you. If you are a map I will be a Geography teacher and I will show you the location of Love. Just like an essay I will love you to be my introduction my body and my conclusion. I love you.  Please Don't say No.  Your Love,
                                                                                                                                          Olu.

I enclosed the letter in a white envelope and baptised it with my sister's perfume.
In school the next day,I waited for when she was not in class and I tucked the letter in her bag. Somehow she didn't see the letter till we closed for the day.
I came to school the next day with great enthusiasm I am sure she must have read my letter and our love story will soon kickstart. The first strange thing I noticed that morning was that her mum brought her to school and they headed straight to the principal's office. My dilemma was confirmed when we got to the assembly ground and I saw the principal holding a white envelope. I could recognise the love outline I drew on the envelope from a distance. The die is cast. I am done for. I looked into Martha's eyes and she gave me the most scornful look ever. My legs became shaky and I started panting. When the principal called my name on the assembly. All eyes were on me. I went out before the entire students. Mr Phillip the most brutal teacher in the school was asked to give me 12 strokes. As each strokes landed, I wept uncontrollably not only because of the impact of the cane but also my sacrifices, transport fare,feeding allowance all has been in vain. My love for Martha has turned me to a Martyr.  


No comments:

Post a Comment